Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

So today was just one of those days that makes you thankful. Although life is always crazy in our household, today was just one of those laid back days were everyone is actually sort of calm and we had time to play and just enjoy being together this evening. I've started a book for Kinsley of all the funny things she says and today I got to add some good ones.

Me: Kinsley where are we going tomorrow?
Kinsley: "Fieldtrip!"
Me: Where to?
Kinsley: "The field!"
So apparently she is just excited to go anywhere! All this girl needs is a school bus and she is happy to go.

On the way to school, Kinsley shows me her library book on ducks (as if we had not read it 50 times the night before) and she informs me that a particular duck is a male duck.
Me: Yes, it does say he is a male duck.
Kinsley: He is fat just like a mail bag, so that is why he is a male duck!

Love having a glimpse into her little thinking process. So funny how kids put these things together in their minds. I forget sometimes to just sit back and enjoy this stage. I feel as though we are always rushing from here to there and she hears "hurry up" more than the I love yous. Then I see her with other children, and she is so compassionate and caring and it reminds me that we must be doing something right.

Speaking of Kinsley, apparently sleep is not her agenda tonight as she just came walking in and is talking a hundred miles a minute. Going to be a long night...sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment