Thursday, October 14, 2010

Letters to Kade: July 22, 2007

Dearest Kade,
You've been an active boy, doing what I call the "surfacing" thing. You are always at odd angles in my belly! You are kicking me as we speak. You've been giving Mommy lots of contractions lately. It makes me wonder if you are going to make an appearance soon. We go to Dr.K tomorrow, so we'll get to hear to your little heartbeat and have that assurance, at least for another week. I can't tell you enough how much I treasure this time with you and how much I wish I had more time. From the day I found out you were coming, I dreamt of who you'd be, who you'd become, and laid out all my hopes and dreams for you. I never thought we'd instead be planning your funeral, or making arrangements for your death. I don't know how this happened to you or how Mommy and Daddy are supposed to go from here, but I do that you are very special; God gave you this short life and we will do our best to protect you for as long as you are in our care. We love you to the moon sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment